All of WePAC’s programs are provided by volunteers who give their time to work in a school library, classroom, or newspaper club. WePAC is only able to provide its literacy-based services to thousands of young students because of the selflessness, dedication, and talents of these volunteers. In order to continue to grow and to serve more students and schools, we are always looking for people who want to serve in this important way. We place volunteers throughout the school year!
To meet the critical needs of our youngest students and to continue to grow and to serve more schools and students, WePAC needs you! You can help elementary school students reach their full potential! Please view the Powerpoint presentation below for an introduction to WePAC’s programs.
What is required for you to volunteer:
- Completion of both child abuse and criminal background checks, as required by the School District of Philadelphia
- Participation in orientation and training events
- Commitment to volunteering a minimum of two to three hours per week during the school year
- Self-motivation and self-direction
How to get started:
You can volunteer as a WePAC library, classroom, or school newspaper club volunteer.
- Find an orientation session you can attend
- Email or call us at 215-990-6084 to let us know which orientation session you would like to attend. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
We sincerely hope you choose to volunteer with WePAC and that you will join us in our service!