Thank you to our veteran volunteers who attended our first Destiny training this past week. I hope you learned some new tips on searching for and accessing books in automated WePAC libraries. In case you missed it:
What are the benefits of using an automated library collection system? What can it do?
* Look up books by title, author and subject
- Easier & quicker searching: students check out more books
- Find non-fiction books without memorizing Dewey Decimal
- Supports curricula, research projects, teacher instruction
- Identifying “gaps” in the collection is easier
* Easier inventory: track where books are & when they are due
- Can reduce mistakes and confusion
- Helpful for substitute teachers (what classroom has a book; what student)
- Information more accessible to administrators to plan and budget for books
* Check books in and out of the system, to students and to teachers
- Learn students’ names!
- Quicker process, allowing more library time with students & teachers
Want to learn more about the system?
Library teams will be holding new Destiny user orientations this Fall — contact Mica for more information.