Reposted by WePAC from uwishunu: January 15, 2013
A Roundup Of Martin Luther King Day Celebrations In Philadelphia On Monday, January 21, Including Free And Discounted Admission To Some Of The City’s Top Museums | uwishunu
Posted by Jillian Wilson
Philadelphia is celebrating Martin Luther King Day with an array of events. Some of the city’s most popular museums are open for free or for a discounted rate, and many are pairing up with the Martin Luther King Day of Service and hosting events to improve the lives of those in need in the Greater Philadelphia area.
Whether you want to listen to a reading from the iconic, I Have a Dream speech, create art for a good cause, or discover the life and work of Dr. King through performance, we’ve got something for you. Head out and honor one of the most influential and celebrated Civil Rights activists in our history.
Bonus: There will also be a celebrity gracing UPenn with his presence in honor of Dr. King (!!!).
We’ve compiled a list of our top picks of Martin Luther King Day events in the city, below:
- MLK Day and Inauguration Day at the National Constitution Center
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service Arts & Service Workshop at the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Sharing the Heritage! Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday Commemoration & Day of Service at the African American Museum
- MLK Family Day at the National Museum of American Jewish History
- John Legend Lecture at the University of Pennsylvania
Details on these and more MLK Day activities: