WePAC is seeking a summer intern to help out with programs and administration during July and August. A motivated high school or college student who is comfortable with technology, has a professional and mature demeanor, and who’s excited about literacy would be a perfect fit! Here are all the details of the position:
Position Title: Summer Program Office Assistant
Classification: Volunteer (Stipend)
Supervisor: Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator
Timeline: July 8th – August 31st, 2014
Hours: 10-20 hours per week; Schedule is somewhat flexible.
The Summer Program Office Assistant for WePAC is an unpaid part-time position supporting the day-to-day administrative and programmatic needs of an agile organization that serves 12 public elementary schools through 17 literacy programs in libraries and classrooms.
Electronic Records Management:
- Design and implement a process for digitizing and archiving paper records
- Partner with staff members to ensure up-to-date records for all volunteers, including attendance, contact information and schedules
- Coordinate with staff to input data into WePAC database
- Filing records, scanning documents and supporting overall organization of office activities
- Support staff with volunteer recruitment goals by processing clearance paperwork for new volunteers
- Support creation of engaging content for social media (Facebook, Twitter, WordPress), and work with staff to post content related to literacy, books and other literacy activities
Other duties as assigned by the WePAC Staff
- Program and office administrative experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel computer programs.
- Experience using information databases is preferred.
- Interest in education, youth programming or non-profits is a plus
- Familiarity with the WePAC organization and programs is a plus
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with diverse people, organizations, and communities
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Comfort with use of technology, including office printers and photocopiers
- Positive attitude, mature and professional demeanor
- Sense of humor
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.