Dive into Summer with WePAC’s Scavenger Hunt!
Teams of families, schools, board members and supporters have 3 weeks to collect items on the Scavenger Hunt List — library and school supplies!
Top winning teams will receive prizes and public recognition as great WePAC supporters! All teams will be thanked on WePAC’s website. Please read about Prizes and Instructions below!
The Literacy Scavenger Hunt begins Flag Day, Thurs., June 14 (the last day of school). The contest ends, midnight on Independence Day (July 4th).
Winners will be announced Thurs., July 5, after collected items are tallied at a WePAC school in Powelton (location pending).
- Invite friends & family to make up a team! Choose a team name. Teams may include as many or few members as you wish. Please encourage kids to join a team! Contact Mica@wepac.org so we can share the collection location and any updates.
- Read and print the Scavenger Hunt List available at our Amazon.com event site (click here). Please note: You do not have to purchase the items through the website to receive credit! We also recommend that you print these instructions.
- Collect any Scavenger Hunt List items you wish! We are proud to collect new and nearly new items for WePAC students and programs. Items in good or average condition can be shared with Other Contacts included below. For items collected off-line or from other sites, we encourage (but do not require) you to check them off the list.
- Ship or deliver items to WePAC’s school! On July 5, bring items to the designated WePAC school library for tallying and entry into the contest. WePAC will gladly deliver any shipped items from our office to the collection site.
- Be creative, and have a great time! Invite neighbors, grandparents, classmates, co-workers and friends to look for and collect items on the Scavenger Hunt List.
- Kids get double points on school supplies! Each item on the list includes a point value. Select items (mostly school supplies), marked “For Kids!”, will receive double the listed points if collected by kids and students on a team. Total points will be given when items are collected on July 5.
- Consider raising money to buy a few items. Donations to WePAC are tax-deductible, and asking neighbors and relatives to contribute will help us purchase needed supplies to open new libraries and programs this Fall. Lemonade stands and yard/ porch sales are great ideas, too!
- This is not a book drive! Please contact WePAC staff before collecting items that are not on the Scavenger Hunt List. Some popular children’s books may be accepted (i.e. Diary of a Wimpy Kid, sports books, new kid’s non-fiction), but WePAC will collect new and like-new books separately. Thanks for your support!
- WePAC board and staff members are not eligible to win prizes.
- First place team will receive t-shirts for all team members and a framed certificate in WePAC’s new libraries that open this Fall. The first place team will also be publicly recognized on a display banner at the Fall library opening celebration events. You help make new programs happen!
- Need a library globe? The top winning WePAC school or library team will be invited to select up to 3 items for use in their WePAC school program.
- Second and third place teams (plus first place team) will receive special recognition in the quarterly WePAC newsletter – in digital and hard copies.
- All participating teams will be recognized on the main WePAC website, as well as the WePAC Lightbulb.
- Do you have spare books for older students or adults? Books Through Bars is a neighborhood organization that collects and distributes used books to people in prison and to local West Philadelphia communities.
- For good and average condition items collected, we invite you to share them with your local Goodwill, Salvation Army, Philly AIDS Thrift and other neighborhood thrift stores.
Thank you so much for participating with us!
Please contact Mica with any questions or for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 215-779-8359
West Philadelphia Alliance for Children
3603 Hamilton Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Check out the Scavenger Hunt List!